div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

IWSG


What time is it?
It's IWSG time! And just in case you don't know what that is, here is the description Alex J. Cavanaugh, the founder, gives:

Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time.


Here's this month's post from me:


Like the last month, I'm floating along without any huge insecurities. . .or am I?

I just gave my next MS up and am waiting on the verdict. Surprisingly, I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat or checking my email every two minutes. To top it off, I'm really excited about my next WIP and have been working out all sorts of plot holes and character details. For the most part, I'm happy and satisfied.

Still, insecurities sneak in.

With all the kids going back to school soon, I could theoretically. . .maybe. . .get a part-time job. It'd put more stress on the family but bring in some income (which the writing isn't doing at the moment). I feel a little guilty that I'm sitting around at home--playing with my cows and chickens (okay, they do bring in money)--and wonder if I'm wasting my time. So I sat down and told my husband that if this next MS doesn't find a home, maybe it's time I did find something with more income and push writing onto the back burner.

To my surprise, he disagreed and said it's more important for me to chase my dream.


And he's right. Chase that dream.


What about you? Wonder about all this writing stuff sometimes? Feel like it's going no where? Or are you walking on cloud nine?

How's your writing world this month?





21 comments:

  1. I have thought about getting a part time job too. It would help to have that extra bit of income. Yet would I be happy? Not at all. Your husband is wonderful to support your dreams. So is mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet of your husband to be so supportive of your dreams! I agree with him: chase it!

    Glad you're content currently. The verdict will be great, because one way or another they work out, right? :) and yay for new WIP! So exciting when that's all falling into place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually shocked when he said it. But I'm not arguing.

      Delete
  3. I'll grab a paddle- we're in the exact same boat- I may as well help us get up the river a bit farther. It would be so much easier to make money in the real world. And I like money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, money does buy such pretty things...*sigh* Let's paddle harder !

      Delete
  4. Listen to your husband! If he says following your dream is more important, do it.
    And don't forget to play with the critters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great your husband is so supportive!! You have his support, so definitely, definitely don't give up. The fact that you're still going makes it easier for me to keep going. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll keep shoving each other to the finishing line :)

      Delete
  6. Isn't it great when your significant other shows support like that. I'm continually surprised and elated when my wife does it to me. Don't be any hurry to give up your dream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep chasing the dream, and hanging out with the cows and chickens.


    God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so awesome that your husband is so supportive! I often go through this myself. I do work a part time job, but it has variable hours, so I feel guilty sometimes when I'm writing, because I could be working and making hard cash for my family. But my husband is very supportive as well. He knows writing makes me happy, even if it hasn't brought lots of cash in (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband's all about the money and why my writing never brings in any. You have a real good guy there -- he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. IM afraid I have to disagree. Money's more important. It enables a person to do so very much more in life than sit in front of a computer alone all day. I' about to give up the dream with no regrets. In my case, it's not about getting a job, though. had one for years and made lots of money. Now it's time to kick back and relax, travel, scrapbook, spend time with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was incredibly inspiring! I can only imagine how very much it means to have that kind of support - Write On!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great husband! If your family isn't struggling financially, I think it's fine for you to stay home and continue to write. Those of us who do always feel guilty like we aren't contributing, but chasing our dreams is important. If we don't chase them, we won't ever meet them or get to the place where we can make good money doing it.

    IWSG co-host Write with Fey

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree that it's important to chase your dream, and you're lucky to have such a supportive husband. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hubba, hubba--what a hubba you have! :-D That one definitely sounds like a keeper. Follow his advice, stop feeling guilty, and rock this writing shizz. No insecurities allowed!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -