div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, August 17, 2018

Celebrate Those Small Thing - Oh yes!


It's time to celebrate the small things!!!

What exactly are we celebrating?

Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.

Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge, we can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.

This week, I'm celebrating. . .

1) Cantaloupe! My youngest brother keeps a garden, and this year he raised cantaloupe. Wow, did that stuff grow (considering so many other things didn't thanks to our wacky, hot, ridiculous weather this Summer). This week, I've received 4 juicy, round cantaloupe. Which is great, except with everyone basically gone, that's 4 big, juicy cantaloupe all for me. I think I'm gaining a slightly orange hue to my skin. But hey, my parents have to chomp through 18, since my brother refuses to eat any of it.

2) Dedications and edits! Writing is going smoothly...well, not on my WIP, but that's another story. MUSIC BOXES received a thorough edit, and I handed in a dedication a couple of days ago. Everything is on schedule, which means ARCs are hitting the world in a only a few short weeks. It's fun to watch the process!

3) Three black kitties! I'd take a picture but these little guys are SO shy. Two months ago, I saw two peer out around behind a corner in the milk barn, but only twice. Then, I didn't see them for a very long time, so I assumed something had gotten them. (Forests and farms have lots of evil, kitty eating creatures looming in the shadows) About two weeks ago, my daughter discovered one between the hay bales. That was the only one anybody saw. But yesterday, when I went to feed the mom and dad, all of a sudden, three kittens cautiously came out into the open. Maybe there are more???


That wraps up this week. What about you? What put a smile on your face? Did you wrestle a tiger and win? Sip a wonderfully warm cup of tea? Eat a delicious piece of candy?

What are you celebrating?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome about Music Boxes.
    You are now crawling with cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cantaloupe, but I can't eat it anymore. Enjoy it for my sake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay editing!! ^_^ We gotta celebrate cat sightings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kittens and cantaloupe - very good reasons to celebrate :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -