div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, August 3, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things... If I can catch up


It's time to celebrate the small things!!!

What exactly are we celebrating?

Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.

Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge, we can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.

This week, I'm celebrating. . .


Holy crow! This week trampled by, leaving me blinking at the passing dust. I completely missed IWSG and almost flew through this lovely hop too.  But here, I am! So.......

1) Cool weather! Lots of it (although it could have brought more rain). Still, I'm happy! I could actually work outside without swimming in sweat the entire time. The temperatures have eased back into the 90s the last few days, but the nights are in the lower 60s, which, at least, cools things down. Super YAY to that!

2) Moving my son out! Okay, this is one of those celebrations, which is not necessarily one. (He's my strong helper for the farm, which leaves now, only me and the two younger ones *le sigh*) He's finally moving to the main campus to continue his next degree. My daughter's been up there since last year, so we were expecting him to make the move for some time. It went smoothly, and I'm sure he'll survive very well.

3) Finished painting the front deck! I still have the back one to go, but progress is progress.


On the writing front...

Editing has been the key word the last two weeks and will still be next week. Editing... editing... editing. BUT I have been poking at a different MS too. Pure editing makes for a dull mind.


And that's it for my week!

How about you? What put a smile on your face these past days? Did you try to eat 3 jelly doughnuts in an hour (this is my younger son's idea)? Have a chance to take a stroll somewhere you've never been before? See a beautiful sunset?

What are you celebrating?









5 comments:

  1. Going to be a bit quiet around the house now, won't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second the weather celebration. I've actually had the turn the air off in my car a couple of evenings. It's been a great summer! Of course, we're one step closer to the next ice age. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It finally rained where I live and the grass isn't so crunchy now. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about kids leaving home. My oldest is heading out in a couple months and all the getting him ready stuff is killing me. At the same time, he does so much around the house that I don't know how I'll survive without him.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -