Friday, June 22, 2018
Celebrate The Small Things
What exactly are we celebrating?
Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.
Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge, we can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) Getting tons of things done! Not only is it high-gear for farm season, but I'm trying to get the house repaired and ready for future sale. Yep, you heard it right! Farm life is great but not when my husband is having fun on the highways and my oldest helpers (aka kids) are moving out and away on their own in the next couple of months. Let's just say mega-muscles for fence post pounding, tree cutting, bull chasing and such are simply missing. So it's time for a new adventure in life. After I get the house ready. So, this is what we did the last days on the farm and in the house:
- hay cut and baled!
- 2 brush-hogged!
- 4 bar stools re-upholstered
- kitchen cabinets sanded, repainted and replaced
- 2 windows fixed
- fence line rebuilt (thanks to huge downed tree)
After this weekend, it will be time for round two! *manly grrrr*
2) Ice cream! We discovered a cute, newly opened ice cream parlor in a nearby small town. The owners put a ton of love into it, and the prices are even affordable. Oh, and the ice cream tastes great!
3) Everything is moving along on the publishing end. Blurb done, tagline done, cover done, basic edits done. Sound like I can lean back and relax? No way! I have a feeling the fun is just beginning.
4) A new push lawn mower! Or new for me. I buy used (penny-pinching person that I am). I do most of the mowing with a riding lawn mower, but there are these spots I just can't really hit. Now, those areas will be snazzy and clean!
5) Cooler temperatures! The last couple of days have nestled in at the low 80's / upper 70's...such a huge change from the constant 90's we've had since the beginning of May. Considering replacing the central air conditioner is still on my 'must be done' house repair list, the lovely breezes are a welcome change.
And what about you? What put a smile on your face this last week? Hit the pool? Hear a catchy tune? Run across a favorite type of candy at the store?
What are you celebrating???