div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

IWSG and Wacky Life Weather In Sight



It's time for another meeting of The Insecure Writer's Support Group, otherwise known as. . .

IWSG!!!

This is a place where writers come with all their doubts, fears, suggestions and words of encouragement, and was founded by none other than the amazing Alex Cavanaugh

If you want to learn more, head on over here. 

Alex's helpers this month are:  Olga Godim, Chemist Ken, Renee Scattergood, and Tamara Narayan!  Thanks guys for all that you do!


I still haven't gotten all of my 'technical difficulties' worked out (my inability to comment on Blogger posts or several followers to comment on mine), but so far, it appears to be a browser problem...Google Chrome just isn't always cooperating with Blogger. So, I'm going to have to switch browsers to comment (pain in the neck), and others. . .well, if you notice that your comment isn't showing up and you really want to comment, then it will take a switch of browsers for that moment.

As said. . .pain in the neck.

And now, it's time for this week's question:


When your writing life is a bit cloudy or filled with rain, what do you do to dig down and keep on writing? 

At the moment, my life isn't really filled with rain and clouds, but it is doing a weather flip-flop. My husband is living a boyish dream and heading into trucking for a few years before he hits retirement. (The Europeans don't have the huge semis like we do in America, so his little kid heart has always dreamed of cruising across American highways. . .he's dreaming of ice-trucking in Alaska too, but that's still in the future.)
So life is taking a drastic change, since the kids and I will be on our own most of the time. And that with a farm, which I'm not sure will work yet. In other words, I'm getting our house ready for sale this summer and planning on moving...no idea where yet...

Which is such a cool adventure of its own! Florida? Arizona? Oregon? Minnesota? Anywhere!

So, yeah. Keeping my head in writing isn't easy.

But I do it. Writing, like reading, is an escape to a different reality, where only the characters and their problems matter. Do I always feel like writing? Heavens no. But once I sit my backside down in that chair and force myself to concentrate for ten or so minutes, I find myself getting swept up into the other world. It's like getting out of bed on cold mornings. You don't want to do it. . .it hurts to do it. . .you're sure you can't do it. . .but rip off that blanket, get dressed, and suddenly, life's happening.


How do you get yourself to write on those rainy, stormy or simple weird weathery periods in life?

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything!!

    I write and read for the same reasons, I think. Writing helps with the storms. It might be what's keeping me some semblance of sane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you plan on really moving! The world is open though.
    Sorry you're having difficulty with Chrome. IE was a pain until I switched to Firefox a few years ago and I've never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exciting adventures you guys have ahead of you! It will be fun to see where you end up.

    Cheers - Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the shows I've seen on TV, ice-trucking doesn't look like a lot of fun. Kind of dangerous too.
    Preparing to move sounds exciting, but it will also take away some of your writing time. Be sure not to shortchange it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with any upcoming adventures and to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit jealous. I've lived in one area my whole life. A huge part of me would love to put a for sale sign in the yard and be adventurous. Good luck with the browser problem...maybe download it again? (That's my answer to everything, delete and start over!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Buyer/ Buyer mandate
    We currently have Available FOB Rotterdam/Hosuton for JP54,D2, D6, JetA1 with good and workable procedure, whereby buyer will dip test in seller tank with proof of product.
    Kindly Contact us via (anatolyvyacheslavoil@mail.ru) for SCO as soon as possible, so we can move to the next step.

    Regards
    Anatoly Vyacheslav
    email: anatolyvyacheslavoil@mail.ru
    anatolyvyacheslavoil@yandex.ru
    skype:anatolyvyacheslavoil

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an fascinating question: If you could move anywhere, where would you pick? I'm not sure. I'd probably avoid really hot places like Florida or really expensive places like California. I might try Oregon or Washington. I love cloudy weather and forests.

    I tend to put off writing, but when I do get started, I almost hate to stop. But school doesn't last forever (although I truly wish they'd change their schedule from 9 to 4).

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALL LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE

    Commercial Loans
    Personal Loans
    Business Loans
    Investments Loans
    Development Loans
    Acquisition Loans
    Construction loans
    Business Loans And many More:

    Contact Us At : urbansuccessfundings@gmail.com

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:

    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Website You Heard About Us?......

    Contact Us At : urbansuccessfundings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need Finance?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
    We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
    expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via Email:maxcreditfinance@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you need Finance?
    Are you looking for Finance?
    Are you looking for a money to enlarge your business?
    We help individuals and companies to obtain loan for business
    expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get a loan at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this cash/loan for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via Email:maxcreditfinance@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -