div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, April 27, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things!

Hello! After neglecting my poor blog for a few weeks, I'm back again! What better way to start up than with this wonderful blog hop?

It's that time of the week again—time to celebrate! (I love celebrations, don't you?)

So, what are we celebrating?

Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.

Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge, we can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.


I have tons to celebrate. . .

1) A break! I didn't mean to hide away for a while, and I'm not sure I have everything organized yet, but the break was necessary. Not intentional. I thought of everyone every single week. The down time was nice and hopefully, I can hit this with new energy.

2) My husband loves his new job! (and this is why my life need re-organizing) Okay, he's still in training, but I've never heard or seen him so excited about anything. (For those of you who don't know, he's hitting a 'boy' dream of his and has gone from business manager to trucker.) We're putting a big map on the wall, so we can keep track of where he is during the week. . .and he does keep moving. He's even already picked up a nick-name with his colleagues that he loves and will probably have painted on his truck when he gets his own in another month—'Doc'.

See that smile?

3) Birthdays! In our household, almost everyone has their birthday between late March and mid-April, which means a party a week. . .and TONS of cake. Now, it's time to burn off all of those extra calories.

4) Baby calves! We've had four in the last weeks. I love watching them romp around. . .so cute!



5) Flowers! Although the weather has been cool (which is not great for my pastures!), the flowers have managed to pop up beautifully. I'm hoping for warmer temperatures now, so that I can at least sit outside a little bit and enjoy them.


And that sums it pretty much up for now!

What about you? What put a smile on your face?
Was an irritating pothole on your way to work finally fixed?
Did you find some money hidden in the bottom of your pocket?
Was a cashier unexpectedly friendly at just the right moment?

What are you celebrating this week?






5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear about the new job happiness! Job satisfaction goes a long way, I hear. It has been abnormally cold for April. I personally like it, but then I'm not outside in the coolness and rain. :P

    Yay for baby cows! ^_^
    We're entering birthday season this weekend. It goes until summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great he loves the new job already. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of your hubby - he looks so happy! And the baby cows are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, birthdays galore! We have two kids less than a week apart in March, and two in September. It definitely keeps things interesting.

    Congrats to your hubby. I hope this proves to be a wonderful thing going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks so happy. That's awesome!!

    The weather keeps changing to cold. So tired of it. Bring on the sun already!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -