Friday, July 7, 2017
Celebrate the Small Things
This weekly blog hop is sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself.
What exactly are we celebrating?
Every week, wonderful things happen, tiny things, which make us smile. But as time grabs us up, we forget all about these moments as if they never existed at all. This is the chanc
e for us to reflect back on those and remember that there are tons of things worth celebrating.
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) House-cleaning over on my review blog. Well, sort of. I've already reached my Goodreads goal of reviewing 100 books this year, most of which I present over on Bookworm for Kids. I've always felt sad that after a review is posted, it gets lost in the shuffle. So I've added three new tabs (Picture Books, Middle Grade, Teens and YA) where the covers of the books reviewed are plastered up along with links to the review. Now, if I ever have tons of time and get my son to help me set up an awesome review site, maybe someday I'll have everything categorized, searchable and who knows what else. But this is my first attempt to keep them readily available for all those readers out there.
2) A Happy July 4th...with too much yummy food! Way too much.
3) A visit from my brother and his family. They came in yesterday and will be staying a few days. (*uhhh* Which means I might be a bit late answering everyone's comments and visiting all of you.)
4) Blackberries! The season is here! I'm thinking of drying some for blackberry tea, freezing others, and maybe making a blackberry pie.
5) Zucchinis! I'm harvesting quite a few of these right now. My mom always claimed that a healthy zucchini plant could feed the world.
So what about you? What put a smile on your face this last week? Enjoy IWSG? Have a strawberry shake? Dip your toes into a fountain to cool off? Take a lovely walk somewhere?
What are you celebrating this week?