Friday, May 29, 2015
Celebrate the Small Things
Yay! I love this time of the week. Thanks to Lexa Cain and her wonderful co-hosts. . .
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom
we get to sit down and remember all those little things this past week that put a smile on our faces. And who doesn't love to smile????
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) My daughter has her first official job! She's working as a waitress and managed a total of $60 on tips her first night. Go girl!
2) Lovely smells! Okay, that sounds weird. My son gave me half-a-dozen scented wax things for Mother's Day. I have a wax melter but have never used it very often. Now, in order to keep up, I'm running it every day.
3) Sleeping in! Which is why this post is late. With the kids off of school and summer's long days, our schedule has shifted slightly. Which means lazy mornings full of kid-hugs in bed! (Okay, maybe that's a separate thing to celebrate)
4) Rain??? No. I'm not going to celebrate that... at least, not as much as we've been getting. BUT we did manage to get our pool up and running, and the kids slip in every storm-free moment they get. Not me, though. That water is cold!
5) Lots of ARCs from awesome authors! So many friends are bringing out books this next month and needed reviews. I think I might have over-extended myself a bit, but I'm more than happy to drown in awesome books. . .even if it means the undoing of me??? Oh yeah!
And, I might have something to make some of you smile. There's a brand, new email newsletter out from a fantastic group who loves one thing - YA Books! It's free too. If you're interested, head on over to Bookworm for Kids and take a peek.
What about you? What wonderful things are you celebrating? Discover a lost earring under the bed? Did a frog sing you to sleep? Stumble across an awesome book in the library? What put a smile on your face???