I'm feeling awake and chipper, and hope all of you are too! (Notice, my picture is even on the right side of the screen today!) Wonder what that signifies. . .a personality flip-flop or crazy day???
Anyway, it's time for another edition of. . .
CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS!
This is a weekly blog hop sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself. Every week, wonderful things happen, tiny things, which make us smile. But as time grabs us up, we forget all about those moments. This is the chance for us to reflect back on those and remember that there are tons of things worth celebrating.
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) My daughter going to State! Yes, this is the same daughter who's always doing everything. She's that kind of girl. Yesterday, she was competing at Districts with her FFA (Future Farmers of America) group in the area of Entomology. . .One thing I have to throw in here: she wants to move to NY after college and be a big city girl. So farming is not in her plans. She just likes the socializing. Now, in the last competitions, she's been doing TERRIBLE! All of a sudden, she decided to study the insects and (because we are talking State here) Wham! Totally cleaned house. Shocked the socks right off of me too.
2) While on the topic of said daughter, might as well continue with. . .her birthday tomorrow! Can't believe she's going to be 17. And she has a 2nd prom too. This time, it's at her high school. Guess we'll celebrate her birthday Sunday instead. . .if we get a hold of her for that long. She runs a hefty, rigorous schedule with work and everything.
3) I received a surprise email this week from Goodreads, congratulating me for being in their top reviewer 1%. I've got split feelings on this one. Part of me is all 'yay'!!! with a happy dance and such...and part is like 'ho! If I'd only written that much' and the last part (yes, there are lots of parts) is wondering how lowly little me and my okay but not that impressive amount of reviews could hit that high. I'm thinking that readers really should be nice and post more reviews for the authors they like.
4) A 'day off' at my parent's farm. Okay, I ended up wallpapering a room for my mom (which was fun since she helped by handing things and talking....too much. I cut paper wrong twice.) But my husband got a nice, needed day fishing. So yay for him because he needed it!
5) Oh, and writing wise has been more productive this week too. Mostly thanks to those word sprints I mentioned Wednesday. But I also got a query sent off for an edit I won back in Nov/Dec. Yep, I'm slowly spiffing my armor in preparation of charging into those query trenches again.
And what about you? What put a smile on your face? Think hard, because there's always a tiny thing which made you stop and smile (at least, inwardly). Did you eat an ice cream cone? See a nice display at the park? Notice a woman wearing a silly hat? Or did a guy have his pants on wayyyyy toooo lowwww? What are you celebrating?