Welcome, Monday! I love these Ready.Set.Write! Updates, really keeps me on my toes (or fingers?) This is a super summer writing intensive sponsored by Alison, Katy, Erin, Elodie and Jamie! And it's a ton of fun - everyone is supportive!
How I did on last week’s goals
- MS off to betas - check!
- thoughts rotating on next WiP - check!
- catch-up on reading for reviews - check!
My goal(s) for this week
- outline WiP
- rework first 2 chapters that were already written-ish
- finish my garden table and chair refurbishing project so I can use them (has nothing to do with writing? Sure it does when I want to sit with my pencil and pad in the sun)
A favorite line from my story OR one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised
I'm just going to take the 777 meme as inspiration here since this week was more of a thought rotation week, which isn't just one line, I guess. Please, forgive me. (Daniel is a 12 year old farm boy, who lives with his uncle.)
Daniel swallowed hard, his tongue rubbing over the top of his mouth--an alien tongue. "What's with my parents? They weren't really skydivers, were they? Did they die in a space ship crash? And what about you? Are you even my real uncle or are you some cockroach monster living in a human skin? Am I a cockroach monster in a human skin?" His stomach somersaulted, and he grasped his belly with both hands. "Ugh! I know! There's a monster growing inside of me, and it's about to pop right out of my gut!"
Uncle Bob scratched his gray hair with grease stained fingers. "You've been watching too many of them movies."
"I've been watching too many movies?" Daniel gasped for air. "You're the one who just claimed we're aliens!"
The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)
- not falling into total relax mode and remembering to think about the next WiP
Something I love about my WiP
- having it in someone else's hands for a bit. It's so Freeing!!!!