Friday, June 19, 2015
Celebrate the Small Things
Welcome, Friday! And with it comes a fantastic blog hop sponsored by the just as fantastic Lexa Cain - Celebrate the Small Things.
And to help Lexa out so she can celebrate too and not get bogged down by the hop, this is co-hosted by
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
The purpose of this hop is to help us remember all those things this last week, which put a smile on our faces. There are big things, middle sized things, but the best are always the small things.
This week, I'm celebrating:
1) Getting the chance to help out with this great hop! Nothing better than being surrounded by positive thoughts.
2) Getting so...so...so close to finishing those revisions. One more day, that's all I need, and this baby is off to my betas.
3) Rain! Tons of rain! May sound like an odd thing to celebrate, but my air conditioner hasn't been repaired yet, so I'd rather have the cooler temperatures than sweat to death.
4) My son's birthday! He hit the big 10 this week and is feeling pretty special. His birthday present wish was a huge pile of candy, which I found so simple and especially sweet.
5) Being out-tricked by the healthcare system! Bet this one makes you stumble.
Yep, the system played a nasty trick on us the last two months, insisting that we send in more and more proof of income (As if we have anything to hide). We complied (of course) and sent exactly what they requested, and each time a letter came back saying they needed more proof. We sent, we called, we sent again. And when it was all said and done, we received a letter saying that because we weren't cooperating, we loose all subsidies and need to pay over $1000 more each month. The representative apologized but insisted that once this decision is made (even if not for valid reasons), the only way to get the cheaper rates back is to reapply, which takes several months to process.
So good-bye system and hello Christian Healthcare Ministries (which we were considering before entering this entire health care thing anyway). In the end, hubs and I have no doubt that this is a blessing in disguise.
Yes, I'm celebrating this! No complaining at all because we've battled with the healthcare from beginning on--over my hub's green card to getting all the kids covered to simply every little thing. Nothing ever felt right about it, and now, it's gone! Yippee!
So what about you? What wonderful things happened to you this week? Did a butterfly land on your head? Did you find a super fantastic new flavor of ice cream at your local grocery store? Did you catch a few rays of sunshine? Listen to some relaxing music?
What put a smile on your face this last week?