div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Whittleings - Wandering Mind


Wednesdays are my day to randomly babble. Sometimes about children books, others about writing, and usually about whatever strikes my mind. Random thoughts...random whittleings.



This morning, I'm sitting around waiting for the chimney sweep. 


via GIPHY





And I'm throwing in a picture my husband snapped the other day... (see the carriage far away)?




While writing a guest post the other day, I learned that there are over 6,500 spoken languages. Wow. And I only know two.


These are my random thoughts this morning. Completely unconnected and all over the place.

My writing isn't any different. I have three...actually four...WIPs I could work on, and tons of plot bunnies nesting in all corners of the brain. 

Where to start? Where to go next? 

I'm currently editing a story....again...that I've been working on for years. It needs some TLC, but should be ready to be sent out in a few months.  This is science fiction pure with lots of fun and adventure and shoots off into a trilogy...for middle graders.

November is going to be my time to finally tackle a series, also for the middle grade, which involves mystery and science—geeks rule in this one. It's been outlined to a certain degree, has characters researched and will hopefully roll smoothly along. 

Or maybe not.

But just to show how bouncy my mind is lately in the story world...

I ran across an amazing profession - a cosplay artist!!! (I honestly had no clue this existed-thanks to Christine Rains) This man makes his living by creating costumes and portraying video game heroes. Talk about a fun job!  His name is Leon Chiro and can be found on Facebook here.

When one of his photos appeared on my feed, a new plot bunny bounced in my head—a completely new direction for a story...new genre...new audience. 

And there goes my mind, hopping off to another world, plot and characters.

If only I could write as fast as the brain switches, flows and stumbles.

And did you know that the Peacock Mantis Shrimp can punch water so fast with its claws that the water around it starts to boil?

3 comments:

  1. Horse and carriage - don't see that often.
    Good luck with your writing.
    And yes, cosplay is a profession and people take it scary serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cosplay costumes!! They are seriously so bomb. I live for it. ^_^ That Leon guy has some crazy awesome wigs. I can't even deal.

    Best wishes in settling the chaotic brain. You're not alone. :D I love that horse and carriage, by the way. Seeing stuff like that makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun post! I think I'll try to avoid those shrimp :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -