div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, June 1, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things!


Oh my! Talk about weeks flying by. This last one left me dizzy. . .or maybe it's the allergies.

Anyway, it's time to celebrate the small things!

So, what are we celebrating?

Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.

Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge, we can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.

This week, I'm celebrating. . .

1) My aunt! One of my aunts passed away last week after suffering from an ever weakening heart and health. She was a wonderful woman, always pulling everyone together, and instantly there for anyone who needed her. Whenever I think of her, I can only smile. . .that's how wonderfully warm she was. She will be missed, and it was a joy to have known her.

2) A quick vacation! This last week was like a whirlwind. My oldest and I attended the funeral from Saturday to Sunday late afternoon (very quick car trip), and on Monday afternoon, my youngest two and I took off for a 3-day, spontaneous vacation. We discovered some very fun, interesting and amazing state parks around Farmington, MO.


Elephant Rock - This looks like some giant decided to drop boulders like marbles onto a gigantic, stone table top. It was simply amazing and odd at the same time. My little climber loved it. 



These two came from Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park. This was simply awesome. See those rocks? Well, there are tons of them in a river bed. The water flows between them in small areas of calm, sometimes rapids, mini-waterfalls and extremely deep ponds. It's like a natural waterpark and has been rated as a 'must-visit-as-soon-as-possible-again' by my kids. And me. This is definitely the place to go for fans of rock climbing, water, adventure and with a bit of dare-devil throw in.

3) Bigger chicken coop (and a very, hard-working son)! While repairing some rotting places on our coop, I mentioned to my oldest son (in passing) that I have always hoped to make the run (that's the fenced in area outside of the solid coop) bigger. The next morning, after heading to town, I returned to find him digging in new support poles and hammering away. Last night, we purchased the extra needed chicken-wire to finish it off, but it will be done by the end of today. Even if my chickens won't thank my son (oh, and they better not thank me with more eggs! I'm swimming in those as it is), I can't thank him enough.


What about you? What put a smile on your face this last week? Dive into a delicious slice of cheese cake? See a beautiful bird? Discover a pen in the back corner of your desk drawer?

What are you celebrating?

7 comments:

  1. Very sorry about your aunt.
    That looks like a great natural water park. Glad you seized the moment and went there with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your aunt, but it sounds like you have great memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your Aunt. My mom is failing at the moment. But its the memories that will keep them alive in our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your aunt, but glad you have such happy memories! Reading this post put a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your aunt. But that quick trip looks like a bright spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. It sounds like a spontaneous vacation was just what you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Buyer/ Buyer mandate
    We currently have Available FOB Rotterdam/Hosuton for JP54,D2, D6, JetA1 with good and workable procedure, whereby buyer will dip test in seller tank with proof of product.
    Kindly Contact us via (anatolyvyacheslavoil@mail.ru) for SCO as soon as possible, so we can move to the next step.

    Regards
    Anatoly Vyacheslav
    Email: anatolyvyacheslavoil@mail.ru
    anatolyvyacheslavoil@yandex.ru
    skype:anatolyvyacheslavoil

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -