div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, February 16, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things


It's that time of the week again—time to celebrate! (I love celebrations, don't you?)

So, what are we celebrating?

Anything. . .everything! Every week, things happen which put a smile on our faces. Although some are hard to forget, others are more passing moments. But it's these small things in life which can make all the difference.

Thanks to Lexa Cain and her co-host, L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge, we can sit back for a second and remember these happy moments.

This week, I'm celebrating. . .

1) Bald eagles! Yesterday while feeding cows, there were two bald eagles darting between the tops of the trees. They were calling to each other, flying up and landing a few tree tops further away. I simply enjoyed watching them for a few minutes.

2) Valentine's Day crafting! Not me. My kids. There was a Valentine box competition at school and especially my youngest went all out. She found a video on youtube and made her own version with tons of pink puffiness, hearts and glitter. She's only 10, so it was quite the project for her. But that girl was determined. Unfortunately, she didn't win (the judges came when the kids weren't there so she couldn't show them what it did). But she didn't mind and was all smiles that she'd simply accomplished something like this.



3) Writing! I'm just going to celebrate this, although there's nothing really exciting to announce. But I've been editing, brainstorming and writing away. . .which is simply fun.


What about you? What put a smile on your face this last week? Getting some hints of Spring? Eat some chocolate? (You don't need Valentine's Day to do this. . .trust me. I'm a pro) Find a pair of rubber boots on sale?

What are you celebrating?




14 comments:

  1. Good for your daughter.
    Cool you got to watch the two bald eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagles!! I would definitely celebrate if I saw one in person, let alone two! That house is awesome though. Worth celebrating just for finishing it.

    Editing and brainstorming are always exciting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool your daughter did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome to see bald eagles in their nature habitat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing those eagles swoop across the sky had to be amazing. What magnificent birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm celebrating 16 years with my employer this month. Thankful to have a job.

    Bald eagles are magnificent. How neat that must have been to see some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very cool that your daughter crafted that. Probably would have done better if she'd been able to demonstrate it. >_< Glad your writing work is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -