Friday, January 20, 2017
Celebrate the Small Things
This weekly blog hop is sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself.
What exactly are we celebrating?
Every week, wonderful things happen, tiny things, which make us smile. But as time grabs us up, we forget all about these moments as if they never existed at all. This is the chance for us to reflect back on those and remember that there are tons of things worth celebrating.
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
This week was full of small surprises.
1) We caught two opossums! The tricky critters had dined on two of my chickens, so they needed to go. We packed them up and drove them to a lovely place they can now call their new home.
And my chickens are happy again.
2) My youngest son was accepted into the gifted group at school. This was a big thing for him since his best friend is in the group too.
3) The Christmas package finally arrived from Germany. My parents-in-law had sent it off the end of November, but it was delayed on the east coast thanks to all of the storms. We thought it was lost, but it came today packed full with tons and tons of Lebkuchen.
4) Looks like I'll have a small shout-out to make on the writing end of things soon. And this isn't the ray of hope I was talking about last week, but something else.
5) I've received several pokes and messages from different acquaintances and friends I haven't heard from in awhile...all in the last couple of days. So I'm feeling warm and fuzzy inside.
And that pretty much wraps up this week.
So, what about you? What put a smile on your face the last days? Hear a new song? Find a new book? Discover a new TV show? What are you celebrating?