Friday, November 18, 2016
Celebrate the Small Things
Happy Friday!!! It's time to celebrate those small things!
This weekly blog hop is sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself.
What exactly are we celebrating?
Every week, wonderful things happen, tiny things, which make us smile. But as time grabs us up, we forget all about these moments as if they never existed at all. This is the chance for us to reflect back on those and remember that there are tons of things worth celebrating.
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) A lovely week! This might sound pretty general, and it is, but I thought it was worth celebrating. This week has simply been nice. No big problems or harsh surprises, although it hasn't been quiet either. Just busy in a life flowing kind of way. And that's nice.
2) Deer. Now, I know not all of you are probably huge supporters of hunting, but here in southern Missouri, the folks are extreme in this area. Deer season started last weekend, which means the whole town and everyone in it goes camo. Literally. It's quite the sight. Even the bank signs spew blinking messages of 'hunters be safe' and 'good hunting'. But my news--my husband landed his two deer in the first two hours of the season and was done. My freezer is now happily full (yes, this definitely helps that grocery bill) and winter can start. Oh, and I should mention that my brother was able to land a 20-pointer yesterday...and the best on that one--he's taking us out for a celebration dinner this weekend.
3) Christmas bread! It's baking time. Already. The German Weihnachtsstollen needs to mature for 2-4 weeks to reach yummy perfection, which means early baking for me. I just set those raisins in rum this morning.
4) Almost done with wood splitting! I'll have to take a picture next week just to show my massive pile. I'm very proud of myself for getting it done (and yes, my oldest does help me split the biggest logs and cuts down the trees.)
5) Our anniversary yesterday! It's not a big one (21 this time), but it'd be awful not to celebrate every single one.
Well, that's my list for this week. Rather farmy sounding this time. Hmmm.
So what put a smile on your face this past week? Get a new jacket? See that big moon? Run into a nice stranger and have a nice exchange? What are you celebrating this week?
And to all you giveaway mice, don't forget to take a peek at my Giveaway tab above. There's always a list of things to sign up for.