It's time for another edition of. . .
CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS!
This is a weekly blog hop sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself. Every week, wonderful things happen, tiny things, which make us smile. But as time grabs us up, we forget all about those moments. This is the chance for us to reflect back on those and remember that there are tons of things worth celebrating.
Holy Crow! It's Friday? Again already?
(Almost spaced this post!)
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) A day of shopping and running around with my kids! We made a trip to the 'city' (*oooos* and *ahhhs*) this week to make sure the kids had more than just Walmart clothes for school begin. It was a drive around like silly kind of day, but we had fun.
2) Movie with my youngest! The rest of the family all had plans yesterday and left my son and me alone at home. So we decided to go see Suicide Squad. It was alright. Great effects, lame plot...but I didn't expect more.
3) A surprise calf! I had taken 3 cows to my brother for breeding purposes (he has quite the handsome bull) and was going to pick them up this week only to hear that a day or two before, one had a calf. I've been going through my notes again and again because I haven't had a bull (or even young one) at that time. So only heaven knows where that calf came from. But it's a cute and wonderful surprise.
4) My oldest made Chancellor's List! He's as proud as a peacock and hung the letter (signed by the chancellor himself) smack dab in the middle of my fridge. This kind of thing always makes a mom happy.
5) My deck is painted! My son helped me put on the last strokes... and I don't think I've ever felt so short in my entire life. You see, I had to use a ladder to do the outside railing because we're built into a hill, but at the last corner, it gets a little too steep to stand on. Since my son just happened to be passing by, I called him over (he's 6'3'') and sure enough, he just reaches up and paints it for me. He didn't even have to stand on his tip-toes or stretch or anything. *ppfffft*
What about you? What wonderful things put a smile on your face this last week? See some refreshing rain drops? Get a surprise package in the mail? Talk to someone you haven't in a while? What are you celebrating???