It's time for another edition of. . .
CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS!
This is a weekly blog hop sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself. Every week, wonderful things happen, tiny things, which make us smile. But as time grabs us up, we forget all about those moments. This is the chance for us to reflect back on those and remember that there are tons of things worth celebrating.
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) A nice writing week! Although I didn't get as much done as I'd like (as if that ever happens...), I did get a query out, entered a contest and got some revising done. And that with the kids home from school. Boo-yeah!
2) My son took us out for lunch! Okay, it was a bribe to get me to pick him up from something, but I still thought it was super sweet of him.
3) Dean's List! Said son also made Dean's List again for his second semester. But he deserves it, since he really was studying hard.
4) My daughter's new job at Pizza Hut! She worked at an oriental place as a waitress for a year, but last week was fired because she forgot to charge a woman an extra dollar for a 'to go cup'. (Her boss, we knew, was a bit irrational at times.) But a few days later, she got a new job. Which isn't necessarily an easy task in our small town.
5) Tomato plants out! The weather was finally nice enough yesterday to quickly get a few plants out before the rain started again last night...oh, and I'm not complaining about the rain. We were several inches behind the average, and my hay fields were THIRSTY!
And what about you? What put a smile on you face this last week? See a cute kitten? Go out for dinner? Lose a pound or two? What are you celebrating?