Friday, July 31, 2015
Celebrate the Small Things!
Hello, Friday! Yep, another week has passed on by, leaving us with only one thing to do: look back on it and see what small things we can celebrate.
It's time to Celebrate The Small Things!!!
This is a weekly blog hop sponsored by the amazing Lexa Cain, and co-hosted by L.G. Keltner from Writing Off the Edge and myself. The purpose: to help us remember all those wonderful, little things that put a smile on our faces this past week. (and big ones too.)
You can sign-up on the linky below!
This week, I'm celebrating. . .
1) A couple wonderful afternoons with my kids at the creeks. With all the hot, humid weather, we're in water mode, and there are so many fun swimming holes around--with ropes one can swing out over the water on, rocks to climb and dive off of, and pathways waiting to be floated down. My favorite part--it's cool!
2) Ice cream. We've been eating tons of this.
3) Cave tours! My son's been wanting to go to the Fantastic Caverns and ride a jeep through the caves. It was on the pricey side and not one of the best caves I've seen, but he loved it, and that's all that counts.
4) Library Summer Reading Program Prize Day! The kids look SO forward to this, and with the prizes our library gives out, who can blame them. Wow. They received free tickets for ice cream, french fries, books, another cave tour, zoo, a Walmart GC, more books and even toy prizes. Our library might be small, but they know how to lure those kids in.
5) College course sign-up! My oldest got his schedule worked out, so he's basically ready to go.
What about you? What put a smile on your face? Did you feel a refreshing breeze? Take a wrong turn which ended up being more than right? Discover something interesting in the back of one of your cabinets? What small (or big) things are you celebrating?