div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, May 15, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things



Every Friday, the amazing Lexa Cain sponsors this blog hop to help us remember that it's the little things in life that make the difference. We smile at all sorts of things during the week, and then tend to forget about them. Well, not anymore! If you want to join in, go on over to Lexa's and sign up on the linky.

And many thanks also goes to her co-hosts:


L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom

Thank you, Ladies!



This week, I'm celebrating:


1) My son's graduation. For him, this was a huge milestone in life and one of the biggest blessings of leaving Germany and moving back here to the States. I'm planning on elaborating this point some time next week (ranting is probably more like it), so stay tuned!




2) I saw two, plate sized snapping turtles in our spring-fed pond. I knew we have salamanders, tadpoles and frogs, but these guys were new to me. Of course, by the time I'd run back to the house to fetch the camera, they'd disappeared back into the mud. . .or water. . .or where ever. 

3) For Mother's Day, we went to see Avengers! 



And what about you? What things put a smile on your face this last week? Did you get to eat the best strawberry sundae ever? Splash your toes in a cool lake? Discover a $10 bill in your pocket? What can you celebrate?







24 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son!
    And that's a great way to spend Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only every Mother's Day could bring out a movie like that.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your son's graduation! I'm celebrating the fact my husband is back home after being away for work this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love graduations, all of that prompt. Congrats to the graduate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first time my husband had seen one here in the States (he's German). He was amazed at all the marching and band playing and everything.

      Delete
  4. Hi Tonja! Congratulations of your son's graduation! I'll be waiting for the rant, (smile).
    Avengers and mystery turtles - that's a big week compared to mine. I'm just glad the cold didn't kill my irises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to plant cucumbers this week, but the woman at the greenhouse wouldn't sell them to me, claiming I should wait 2 more weeks. But better than freezing. Glad your flowers made it!

      Delete
  5. Graduation is a huge milestone, for the graduate as well as his family. Congratulations.

    I'm celebrating a new greenhouse, gardening and a new idea for a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congratulations to your son!

    I love seeing turtles in the wild! I don't know why, it's just horribly exciting. More reasons to drive over for a visit! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stop by! Oh, you might want to give me a tinsy bit of notice. The guest room is a little full of moving boxes still. ;)

      Delete
  7. Congrats to your son! You must be excited to have him move back. Those turtles got out of there pretty fast lol. Shame. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm betting the turtle disappearance had something to do with my dog dashing like a speeding-rocket along the bank before I could beat him down there. Guess, turtles don't like that.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your son's graduation - to him and to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mazel Tov on your son's graduation! And I want to hear that rant. ;-)

    You are also the coolest mom in the world for seeing Avengers on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, I'm celebrating the fact that LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD FINALLY arrived after months and months of waiting. Also, I read a great book I want to rec to you: THE WORST CLASS TRIP EVER, by Dave Barry. You and your MG kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your son! Graduation is indeed a great milestone! Yay for a nice Mother's Day celebration and for a fully stocked pond. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for your son graduating - not sure when this happens as we don't have it here in England except for university. I'd have been so excited at seeing those turtles - we also don't have them here in the wild although I have to say just the other week when I was visiting in Yorkshire (North England) I had one pointed out to me that had escaped from somewhere and had been living by the canal for over ten years!!! He was not that big (maybe 8" shell but he was amazing to see! Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great things here. Congrats to your son. I always try to have my phone nearby to take a quick picture of something before it disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read your rant on the German education system. Especially if it makes me feel the least bit better about the testing craze in the U.S.

    Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maybe they were ninja turtles that can blend seamlessly into their environment. Congrats to your son on graduating. Must have been such a proud moment!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -