Friday, April 24, 2015
Celebrate the Small Things
Yay to Friday! We've survived another week and get to march into a bright and sunny weekend (Actually, I haven't checked the weather forecast yet, so maybe not). But the wonderful Lexa Cain sponsors this weekly hop to help us remember all those happy, little, small things that happened during the week - all those things which put a smile on our faces.
Thanks also goes to her super co-hosts:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom
The last two weeks, I've missed this, and I was going to add gorgeous pictures this week but can't find my camera. Ugh! So next week will have to do.
This week (without pictures), I'm celebrating. . .
1) My oldest's 18th birthday! *sigh* Amazing how fast they grow up.
2) My other son got a medal at school for getting a top score on one of those standardized tests. He was very proud. . .no, I'm not giving my opinion on the tests just relishing in the memory of his excitement and smile.
3) My chicks came! Last year, we had chicks delivered, but from 17 there were only 5 hens. The rest were roosters. Since we need more egg layers for those yummy breakfasts, I ordered another batch (this time 25). They're chirping away under the heat lamp. So cute!
4) My 'new for me' dryer came. The other one died a few weeks ago. The timer went out, and since the spare part cost $150 (yeah, I was shocked), it was time for a different dryer. I found a used appliance store in a town over an hour away, and they delivered it yesterday. So I'm happy, especially since it's been raining a lot, which makes line drying a bit difficult.
5) Oh, and before I forget, my daughter got her driver's license! I'll admit, I wasn't sure how that test would go since they actually do parallel parking and she hadn't tried it even once. But by some miracle, she pulled a perfect park.
And what about you? What wonderful things happened to you this week? Get any writing done? See a pretty sunset? Drink a tasty tea? What are you celebrating???