div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, April 24, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things


Yay to Friday! We've survived another week and get to march into a bright and sunny weekend (Actually, I haven't checked the weather forecast yet, so maybe not). But the wonderful Lexa Cain sponsors this weekly hop to help us remember all those happy, little, small things that happened during the week - all those things which put a smile on our faces.

Thanks also goes to her super co-hosts:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom


The last two weeks, I've missed this, and I was going to add gorgeous pictures this week but can't find my camera. Ugh! So next week will have to do.

This week (without pictures), I'm celebrating. . .


1) My oldest's 18th birthday! *sigh* Amazing how fast they grow up.

2) My other son got a medal at school for getting a top score on one of those standardized tests. He was very proud. . .no, I'm not giving my opinion on the tests just relishing in the memory of his excitement and smile.

3) My chicks came! Last year, we had chicks delivered, but from 17 there were only 5 hens. The rest were roosters. Since we need more egg layers for those yummy breakfasts, I ordered another batch (this time 25). They're chirping away under the heat lamp. So cute!

4) My 'new for me' dryer came. The other one died a few weeks ago. The timer went out, and since the spare part cost $150 (yeah, I was shocked), it was time for a different dryer. I found a used appliance store in a town over an hour away, and they delivered it yesterday. So I'm happy, especially since it's been raining a lot, which makes line drying a bit difficult.

5) Oh, and before I forget, my daughter got her driver's license! I'll admit, I wasn't sure how that test would go since they actually do parallel parking and she hadn't tried it even once. But by some miracle, she pulled a perfect park.


And what about you? What wonderful things happened to you this week? Get any writing done? See a pretty sunset? Drink a tasty tea? What are you celebrating???



10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your son! And congratulations to the other one.
    Scary how much parts cost, isn't it?
    And glad you found my T post. Sorry you were sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy birthday to your son and daughter! Well worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, that's a lot of great things! Happy Birthday to your oldest son, congrats to your other son on doing so well, and yay for a driver-licensed daughter! I love used things, too. There's so much waste and trash in the world that it's nice to "recycle" things by buying second hand. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--serious kid milestones! Congratulations--to both you and them! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This week I had a job interview that went really well, just waiting for a call-back on that. And kudos for your daughter's parallel parking - I still have so much trouble with that, and I've had my license for over a decade. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Milestones for your kids! Sounds like a good week indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids all seem to have stuff going on. Congrats to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, chickies!! ^_^
    And more yay to the new-ish dryer. Mine went out on me not that long ago. Stopped turning. Surprisingly, clothes have a hard time getting dry in a lump like that. ;)

    Congratulations to the children! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. The car still runs. The microwave still functions. I ride my exercise bike. The rain helps the farmers and provides cover for the Martians lurking about. I read a little more into the Churchill biography. I actually washed my clothes--I wish they were of the self-cleaning variety! I did encourage a very sick friend. I did eat an apple, and apples are bachelor-safe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your son and daughter, and hats off to her for pulling a perfect parallel parking job. I avoid parallel parking whenever I can. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -