div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things


Yay, it's Friday again! The weekend is right in front of us, but before we head off to sun and fun (actually, they've predicted snowflakes Saturday morning here - AH!)...

But, before we head off, Lexa Cain sponsors this lovely hop to help remind us that it's the small things in life which make the difference. Thanks Lexa! And thanks to her marvelous co-hosts:

L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom

This week, I'm celebrating. . .


1) Our first birth on the farm! Wednesday, a cute baby goat was born. He's black and fuzzy and soooo cute! Right now, he and his mom are in a small pen by themselves, but as soon as they're back out with the others, I'll take more pictures.




2) The first flowers are up! There aren't that many out yet, but the first ones are showing their colors. Spring is coming.

3) It's my birthday! I'm not sure how we're celebrating yet, but that doesn't matter. In a way, I'm a little sad this year (just a tiny bit). The entire past year, I was the answer to life, the universe and everything (at least, according to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), and now, the amazing greatness is gone. Oh well. Off to new possibilities!


And what about you? What wonderful things this past week put a smile on your face? Are the flowers blooming near you? Hear those birds twittering away? Getting ready to paint those Easter eggs? What are you celebrating???



***********

One of the tour companies I work with over on my review blog Bookworm for Kids, is having a special sale. So if you're looking at promoting a book, you might want to check it out. (I find them enjoyable!) If you want more details, go ahead and contact this at  sparklebooktours@gmail.com


32 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, hope you find a fun way to celebrate. Your new arrival is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and can you believe a 2nd was born today? So now I have a birthday goat :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! (You're 43 now, right? My innate curiosity forced me to look up your cryptic HGttG reference!) Congrats on baby goats and baby flowers and especially for "new possibilities!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Correct...although my oldest always tells me I'm still 37. I think he's hoping for bonus points.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I just celebrated mine this week too! Enjoy your birthday weekend! I love the baby goat...too cute! You must post more pics as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I'm sure that you will find new possibilities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooo! It's so adorable I can't stand it!! >^_^<

    HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY to you!!!! *beaming over some virtual party favors*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute goat! Don't bring up Easter eggs. My kids are reminding me constantly about dying them, I however, wish we could avoid it. No one eats eggs so it seems a waste, plus, we're trying to sell the house and I'm afraid what a 3,4 and 6 year old will do with dye and only one adult supervisor. Shudder. Maybe we can do it outside....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I forgot to say Happy Birthday! Hope you did something fun to celebrate!

      Delete
    2. Outside is a good idea. I'm sure the eggs will be beautiful and good luck with the move!

      Delete
  7. Have a happy birthday. (And you can always say your age is the answer to life, the universe and everything plus one. That's what one of my friends did.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday! I think I might have been up at midnight to extend those greetings on FB last night ...

    Today I'm celebrating that I wrote a decent synopsis and it only took me 5 hours. (Okay, I'm celebrating the first part more than the second.)

    And I'm looking forward to an upcoming ski trip in Vermonth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I feel super honored now!
      Yay to the synopsis, and if it's really decent in only 5 hours, I'd say that's worth celebrating (I hate synopsis) Vermonth sounds wonderful!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday and congratulations on your first goat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a very happy birthday! That baby goat is so cute. We're getting sprouts and buds, but no blooms quite yet. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture isn't that great...but they are cute. And thanks!

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday!

    And look at that cute little fuzzy baby goat! Oh, my God! That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your flowers and fuzzy goat! And Happy Belated Birthday! I'm confused: why were you the answer to life? (I admit to not having read HITCHHIKER's) You're still the answer, as far as I'm concerned! :-D (

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday! Cool that you have a birthday goat.
    My daughter raised goats on several occasions, and soon after she did, she got pregnant. (Is there a connection?) But with this last pregnancy(#4), just prior to her getting pregnant, the family had gotten a puppy instead. So I guess it wasn't always the goats ...

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very belated Happy Birthday to you! I'm also a March baby and feel march is a very good month to be born in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated Birthday! And that goat is just so cute! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration, Tonja!
    During April, I'll be super-crazy-busy with the A to Z challenge, so we'll chat about the ms again when May comes around. Hope that's okay with you...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -