div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday, August 11, 2014

Ready. Set. Write!


It's check-in time for Ready. Set. Write! again!

What is that?

In the words of Jaime Morrow, it’s a summer long writing intensive with the purpose of writing, revising, planning, and keeping each other accountable. We will be sharing our goals on Mondays, keeping our posts BRIEF (2-3 lines per heading) so we can spend more time writing and less time blogging. You can sign up at any of the other host blogs (KatyErinAlisonJaime). And don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants. For more information about RSW and a link to our super fun buttons, go here.




1) How I did on last week's goals.

I wanted to revise one chapter and got it done! I even wrote another couple hundred words. So, chalk that one up as done.


2) My goal(s) for this week.

Let's just go for one more chapter revision and some changes to one of my MCs. This week is still hectic, but as of Sunday, it should be smooth sailing ahead.


3) A favorite line from my story or a phrase/word which sums up what I wrote/revised.

Unsettled.


4) The biggest challenge I faced this week.

The time monster. Ahhhhh! (Just had to scream that for fun.)


5) Something I love about my WIP.

The story line and characters. That's a lot, I know, but I am excited about the premise and the characters are pack full of personality. It's simply fun to write.



What about you? How did your writing week go?




And then...
the wonderful P.K. Hzero is bringing out a 2nd book in her series!!!





She has a trailer (I LOVE trailers) - so enjoy!


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your one line is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I loved my characters more. They are lacking something.
    If I manage to make it through this first draft, the characters will be my #1 priority in draft 2. If the characters aren't lovable, there's no point in going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, time is so annoying for writing. The time monster always gobbles my time. Here's hoping you'll have more time to write this week! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time monster makes me want to scream too! And congrats on the progress! Hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sense your enthusiasm in this post, Tonja, and it makes me feel more motivated. Congrats on all your progress, and best of luck with the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah! The time monster!!!
    Have a wonderful week!
    And, a late comment on your post from IWSG - enjoy those quiet waters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love projects that are fun to write! Great job on your chapter, and good luck this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The time monster is always worth screaming about. It's almost always the biggest challenge! But great job achieving your goal, and good luck with it this week!

    Btw, thank you for your incredibly sweet comment on my RSW post! I'm beyond honored that you'd want to put any of my words on your wall! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, the time monster... nice work on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work on getting that chapter revision done! Hope this next chapter goes just as well and that you can conquer that time monster! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for PK!

    More yay for meeting your goal for the week AND getting a bit extra done. So glad you're having fun with this project! Be kind to yourself this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finished up my 18 Thoughts revisions for Round 1 with my editor :-) That was big. Yay for your accomplishments and another book from PK!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your valuable Tidbits -